Quartz worktops are a popular choice for kitchen and bathroom worktops. To keep your quartz worktop looking its best, regular cleaning and maintenance are essential.
How Do You Clean a Quartz Worktop?
Cleaning a quartz worktop is a straightforward process, here are some tips:
- Wipe Away Spills Immediately: To prevent staining, it’s crucial to clean up spills as soon as they occur
- Regular Cleaning: For daily cleaning, use a specialised quartz cleaner to prevent damage to the quartz.
- Avoid Abrasive Cleaners: Abrasive cleaners can scratch the surface and dull the shine of your quartz worktop.
In addition to regular cleaning, here are a few more tips to keep your quartz worktop in top condition:
- Use cutting boards and trivets to protect the surface from hot pans and sharp utensils.
- Avoid placing heavy objects directly on the worktop to prevent chipping or cracking.
- Clean up spills promptly to prevent staining, especially from acidic substances like lemon juice or red wine.
Can You Use Bleach on a Quartz Worktop?
Bleach is a harsh chemical that can damage the resin used to bind quartz crystals together. Using bleach can lead to discolouration and weaken the surface over time. Stick to gentle cleaning solutions, like RPB Quartz and Granite Cleaner, to preserve your quartz worktop.
How To Use RPB Quartz Cleaner
- Use neat as supplied, spraying in an even coat direct from the bottle
- Leave 30-40 seconds
- Wipe off excess with a dry soft cotton cloth or kitchen paper towel
- Buff with a fresh dry clean cotton cloth or kitchen paper towel