Suitable for outdoor stone and concrete. Especially effective against patio black spots and other microbiological soiling.
General product description
A powerful and effective patio cleaner that will remove all types of general patio dirt and grime from stone surfaces. It can be used on all types of stone paving such as patios, paths and driveways using natural or manufactured stone and concrete. Suitable for all types of light and dark coloured outdoor stone including sandstone, limestone, marble, travertine and granite. The treated surfaces, including mortars and grout, will not have their colours affected, therefore it can be used to clean dark stains on joints.
Advantages and characteristics
The cleaner is a waterborne, easy to use product that is quick to take effect and gives long lasting results due to its deep penetrating action. It is an acid-free product, so it will not damage the surface being cleaned, unlike other acidic based products. Does not contain potassium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid or phosphoric acid. It will also brighten most surfaces.
Directions for use
- Remove as much loose dirt, moss or fungi as possible from the surface to be cleaned. A yard broom or firm bristle brush is ideal.
- Shake the product well. The product should not be diluted or mixed with any other substance.
- Apply directly to the surface being treated using a stuff brush to ensure good contact with the surface.
- Ensure the surface is saturated with the cleaner, leave for between 10 and 60 minutes, or overnight if infestation is bad.
- Do not allow surface to dry during treatment. Cover area with thin plastic to exclude air. Rinse with water using a power washer or brush.
- Only apply the product to surfaces being cleaned. Do not allow the product to contact plants, shrubs or grass.
- Do not apply into metallic or impermeable materials. If the product lands on adjacent surfaces, wipe off immediately.
- Ensure all washed debris is either collected or goes directly into waste drains.
- Clean equipment immediately after use with clean water.
- To maintain the appearance of the cleaned surfaces, allow to dry thoroughly and then treat with a sealing product such as Rob Parker’s Best Patio Sealer.
- *For best results, leave overnight.
- **Ensure that the product does not evaporate during use. Prevent this by covering with thin plastic. This is especially important on windy days.
These figures are approximate and should be used only as a general guideline: 3-5m2 / litre.
Available in 1 and 5 litre containers.
Recommendations for use
Always carry out a test on a small area to determine the amount of time required for the cleaner to take effect.
The effectiveness of the cleaner will vary depending on:
- The amount of dirt and grime on the surface to be treated.
- The temperature of the surface. The warmer the surface, the more effective the process.
Dry and warm conditions are ideal for the product to perform at its best.
Do not use when the surface is below 5⁰c or when the surface is saturated with rain.
The temperate of the surface being treated is important because this does need to be above 5⁰c for the cleaner to take effect. Before use, consideration should be given to the weather conditions, as low temperatures or an overnight frost will cause the stone to cool and if the cleaner is applied before the surface has warmed up, it will not activate.
For more tips to get the best cleaning performance, visit our website www.robparkersbest.co.uk
Keep product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from extreme cold and do not store in conditions below 5⁰c.
After use, remove low-pressure sprayer, rinse this thoroughly with water. If any product remains, store in the original container ensuring closure using the childproof cap.
In an unopened container, stored in the recommended conditions, the product shelf life is 24 months.
- Physical state at 20⁰c – liquid
- Appearance – clear
- Odour – characteristic
- pH => 11
- Boiling point – 100⁰c
- Density – 1.08kg/L
- Solubility in water – fully soluble
- Flash point – N/A
- VOC – 0g/L
Health and safety precautions
- Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
- Very toxic to aquatic life.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Wash hands in water thoroughly after handling. Avoid release to the environment.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- Respiratory protection: Under normal conditions of use where adequate ventilation is available, no special respiratory protection equipment is needed.
- If in eyes: rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- If swallowed: do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or a specialist.
Stoneworld (Oxfordshire), Views Farm, Great Milton, Oxon, OX44 7NW.
T: 01844 279274. E: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.robparkersbest.co.uk
Important: The contents of this document are the result of experience gained with this product. The company cannot be held liable for its use in individual cases. Fore more information, please see the Material Safety Data Sheet.