Suitable for outdoor stone and concrete Seals and protects against staining from water, oil-based dirt and grime.
General product description
Patio Sealer provides an optimum all-round protection for porous building materials. This single product provides water and oil repellent protection for walls, flooring and roofing. Can be used inside and outdoors on both highly porous and low porosity materials e.g. limestone, granite, sandstone, marble and slate and surfaces subject to high levels of foot traffic including pavements, pedestrian precincts, patios, swimming pool decks, stairways and car parking areas. A non-film-forming surface impregnation, where the surface remains permeable to air and water vapour. Does not alter the surface colour. Aesthetics and composition of the treated material remains unchanged. A treated surface becomes UV-resistant and will not discolour with age.
Advantages and characteristics
A surface treated with this sealer will wear better over time and be easier to maintain. This treatment also offers a solution to the main causes of deterioration, like atmospheric pollution, grease-type dirt, penetration of liquids, graffiti and also makes chewing gum easier to remove.
Water-borne fluoropolymer dispersion.
Directions for use
- Shake the container well before use.
- Ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dust-free and visually dry before application.
- Surface moisture content needs to be a <5% up to a depth of 1cm.
- Use neat, do not dilute.
- Apply using a low-pressure sprayer, roller or brush.
- The treated surface has to be applied to saturation, either in one application or in two applications ‘wet-on-wet’.
- On vertical surfaces, apply from the bottom up, taking care in avoiding the product to ‘run’.
- Drying time: 24 hours.
- For the optimum performance: allow 5-7 days (avoid high-pressure, steam cleaning and graffiti removal until this period has elapsed).
- Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with water.
Available in 1 and 5 litre containers.
Keep product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from extreme cold and do not store in conditions below 5⁰c.
In an unopened container, stored in the recommended conditions, the product shelf life is 12 months.
Recommendations for use
- Remove atmospheric pollution-related soiling from all surfaces to be treated before starting the application.
- Must be shaken before use and only used when the ambient surface and air temperature is > 5⁰c.
- Do not apply during rainy or very hot weather. If there is likely to be rain in the next 4 hours, wait until a dry period occurs.
- Do not dilute or mix with any other product.
- It is always advisable to carry out a trial application first to ascertain best means of application as well as calculating an actual coverage rate.
This will depend on the materials’ porosity. This guide indicates approximate rates only:
|Granite||Up to 18m²/litre|
|Marble||Up to 12m²/litre|
|Sandstone||Up to 10m²/litre|
|Terracotta||Up to 5m²/litre|
|Cast concrete||Up to 5m²/litre|
|Polished concrete||Up to 10m²/litre|
|Interlocking paving stones||Up to 7m²/litre|
- Physical state at 20⁰c – liquid
- Appearance – pale straw colour
- Odour – none
- pH: 6 ± 0.5
- Boiling point – 100⁰c
- Density – 1.0kg/L
- Solubility in water – fully soluble
- Flash point – N/A
- VOC – 0g/L
Health and safety precautions
Respiratory protection: Under normal conditions of use where adequate ventilation is available, no special respiratory protection equipment is needed.
Hand protection: None required
Skin protection: No special protective clothing or skin protection is required under normal conditions of use.
Eye protection: If there is a real risk of splashing, wear protective goggles.
If swallowed: do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or a specialist.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
Stoneworld (Oxfordshire), Views Farm, Great Milton, Oxon, OX44 7NW.
T: 01844 279274. E: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.robparkersbest.co.uk
Important: The contents of this document are the result of experience gained with this product. The company cannot be held liable for its use in individual cases. Fore more information, please see the Material Safety Data Sheet.