Enhances the colour of a surface together with an all-round protection for porous surfaces. Suitable for indoor and outdoor stone and concrete.
General product description
COLOUR ENHANCING SEALER provides an optimum all-round protection for porous building materials. This single product provides water and oil repellent protection especially for flooring but also on walls and roofing whilst enhancing the colour of natural stone and concrete products. It can be used inside and outdoors on both highly porous and low porosity materials e.g. Concrete, limestone, granite, sandstone, marble & slate. Not suitable for polished surfaces. A non-film-forming surface impregnation, where the surface remains permeable to air and water vapour.
Advantages and characteristics
- Surface becomes UV-resistant and will not discolour with age.
- A surface treated with colour enhancing sealer offers a solution to the main causes of deterioration, like atmospheric pollution, grease-type dirt, penetration of liquids, graffiti and chewing-gum is easier to remove.
- Effective for 4-10 years, on horizontal surfaces, dependent on the level of foot traffic and hardness of the material being treated.
- Can be applied to vertical, horizontal, inside & outside surfaces By keeping the fabric of a surface dry gives resistance to moss and lichen growth.
- Anti-staining, anti-dirt. Prevents chewing-gum from sticking to treated surfaces and stops dirt due to pollution from building up again.
- Prevents deterioration resulting from repeated ‘freeze-thaw’ cycles.
- Treated surfaces become easier to clean non-film-forming, allowing a surface to breathe.
- Non-flammable; Non-hazardous & Non-toxic.
- Water-borne; Solvent and silicone-free.
- UV-resistant, does not discolour. Invisible once dry.
- Chemically resistant to dilute acids and alkalis, water and de-icing salts.
- Ready to use; Easy to apply.
Directions for use
- Shake the container well before use.
- Ensure the surface to be treated is clean, dust-free and visually dry before application.
- Surface moisture content needs to be a <5% up to a depth of 1cm.
- Use neat; do not dilute.
- Apply using a low-pressure sprayer, roller or brush.
- The treated surface requires product to be applied to saturation, either in one application or in two applications ‘wet-on-wet’.
- Remove excess product with a soft cloth.
- On vertical surfaces, apply from the bottom up taking care in avoiding the product to ‘run’.
- Drying time: 24 hours For the optimum performance: allow 5 to 7 days (avoid high pressure, steam cleaning and graffiti removal until this period has elapsed.
Available in 1 and 5 litre containers.
Keep product in a cool, dry place. Keep away from extreme cold and do not store in conditions below 5º C. In an unopened container, stored in the recommended conditions the product shelf life is 12 months.
Recommendations for use
- Remove atmospheric pollution soiling from surfaces to be treated before starting the application.
- COLOUR ENHANCING PROTECTOR requires to be shaken before use and only used when the ambient surface and air temperature is > 5°C
- Do not apply during rainy or very hot weather. If there is likely to be rain in the next 4 hours, wait until a dry period occurs.
- Do not dilute or mix with any other product.
- It is always advisable to carry out a trial application first to ascertain best means of application as well as calculating an actual coverage rate.
This will depend on the materials’ porosity. This guide indicates approximate rates only.
- Physical State at 20 °C : Liquid
- Odour: None
- VOC: 0.0 g/litre
- Appearance: Milky colour
- pH: 6 ± 0.5
- Flash Point [°C]: Not applicable
- Boiling point [°C] : 100 °C
- Density : 1.0 Kg/L
- Solubility in water [vol/vol]: Fully soluble
- Health and safety precautions
- Refer to the current MSDS.
Stoneworld (Oxfordshire), Views Farm, Great Milton, Oxon, OX44 7NW.
T: 01844 279274. E: email@example.com Website: www.robparkersbest.co.uk
Important: The contents of this document are the result of experience gained with this product. The company cannot be held liable for its use in individual cases. Fore more information, please see the Material Safety Data Sheet.